Daniel Smyth family is in a state of shock over his unfortunate passing. But who was he and how did he die?
Who was Daniel Smyth?
He was a 19 year old teenager from Coleraine in Derry.
He had been accepted to study at Norwich University of the Arts. This came after he had completed a course in Interactive, Creative Media at college.
The young man went for a holiday and that was how he met his untimely death.
He died in a hotel bathroom leaving his parents devastated.
The Northern Irish teen collapse and died instantly according to Belfast Live reports.
He has been described as a “beautiful soul to everyone he ever met”
His mother had shared her appreciation given the support the family received from the community.
“We are all devastated over here over the tragic accident Daniel had [in the] early hours of this morning in his hotel bathroom.
“I don’t really know what to say but Martin J Smyth and myself want to thank all of you for your messages and thank you to our families who have been amazing. There has been that many messages I can’t bear to look at them, but thank you so much for all your support.”
She added: “Fly high my baby boy. Love you so much.”
She further added that:
“Daniel had the most cheeky, infectious smile and was kind and loving to everyone he came in contact with. Our family will truly never be the same without him.”
“He was destined for the greatest things in life and we want to bring him home and give him the biggest and best send off without any pressure on his grieving parents.
“The whole town has had the kindest words to say about Daniel and we couldn’t be more proud to know he was just a beautiful soul to everyone he ever met. We as a family will take comfort in your kind words for days and years to come while we process to loss of our Daniel Ganky Smyth.”
What is the cause of Daniel Smyth death?
A post-mortem report say the teen had “cardiac arrhythmia”.
His family sources say, he had “an irregular heartbeat, that had gone undiagnosed and was a “ticking time bomb”.
His cousin, Devenney-Adams said: “He had a heart condition, which he did not know about. It was a ticking time bomb basically because it was inevitable, it just happened to occur when he was on holiday.”
Daniel Smyth allegedly collapsed, smashing and breaking part of the toilet, shower door and sink in the process.
This caused the bathroom to flood, causing a leak in the hotel. It was this weird yet shocking events which alerted the hotel staff to find his body.
GoFundMe account set up for Daniel Smyth.
The family is appealing for help to raise money to help bring his body home.